Friday, February 17, 2012

A Catching Up Session with Good News

Detail of "Dwelling", 2012
Mixed Media Drawing


It has been awhile since I've posted, but I assure you that I have been working hard and I have some news!  There is a new fine arts publication coming out around May - Nectar Magazine - and the image above was selected for publication in their first issue!  I'm so excited!  This is the first publishing experience outside of my own endeavors and I couldn't be happier to this bit of progress!

My new website is up and running now - www.wix.com/krystallbooth/art if you would like to check it out.  I really enjoyed creating it, and I think that it runs circles around the old site.  It has a sampling of works from the last couple of years.

 On another note, the mixed media work I submitted for the Florence and Machine contest through Secret 7 and Talenthouse was not chosen. You can't win them all, right?

And finally, I have been given the opportunity to create some paintings for the place where I work part-time!  I know that I'll be trying to crank them out over the next week, and I really look forward to sharing what I do with my coworkers and our guests.  My artwork is actually going to be seen?  Shouldn't it be in a dungeon somewhere?  And don't worry, Mom, they will not be paintings of dead people. hahaha! (She worries sometimes...)  :)

Things are gradually shifting, but I feel as though 2012 has already surpassed 2011.  What a year last year was - good grief!  I am surprised that I still have hair on my head...though I have noticed a few white hairs that crept in when I was too busy fretting about other things.  Who knows?  Maybe the white hairs are a sign of good things to come.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...