Friday, April 13, 2012

Lines and Laughs

This week has been busy with sketching and planning.  This is part of one of the sketches on an 24x18" piece of watercolor paper.


I'm making an attempt to be more expressive with the line quality than I have been in the past.  This is possibly one of the things that have lacked in prior works.  Today, developing this drawing further will be the priority, and maybe integrating layers of color/texture.  It's difficult to tell at this point, but I'm seeking some way of integrating the layer studies with figures.  I feel that once any color is added, it runs the chance of overpowering the delicate lines and unraveling the composition...or maybe that's the answer.  The year-long experiment is still underway afterall, so why not?

I hope you've all had a great week with your loved ones and those around you.  I know that I did - I laughed daily (not hard to believe), with a highlight of Matt dancing in the kitchen changing crazy faces with each wave of his hand (laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes), and coworkers who crack me up.   I hope you have a some great hightlights too and continue to by making your weekend count! 
Love to all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...