Friday, April 5, 2013

Rothko Over Rembrandt Hair and Estes All Around

I made a new work while planning a new work!


Rothko Over Rembrandt Hair and Estes All Around, 2013
Photographic Print Series, Ink on Ivory Cotton Paper, 11x8.5" 
Krystal Booth
 
 
I printed out a photograph as a reference to hang on the easel for a painting.  My printer is running out of ink, and this is what came out.  Instant love.  I had to print out a series of five of them on good cotton paper while I could, as I couldn't do this again if I tried.  Happy little accident!
 
Due to this print out, I saw visual references to Mark Rothko, Rembrandt (his hair in a particular self portrait), and Richard Estes.  It turned out to be a good reminder of some artists that I have been fascinated with off and on through the years.
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...