Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Madness- Office Space Style

Inventory, inventory, pricing, pricing...the must do list prior to the show.

This has been an extremely busy day of record keeping. I feel as though I should be in an office somewhere specializing in database entry...despite my attire. I confess that I am still in my morning clothes as I write this-I jumped into the inventory stuff upon grabbing for my morning coffee and have been working ever since...really not being lazy...am I? heeheehee

Ode to office jobs...which brings me to MONDAY MADNESS!

My favorite office job that I ever had was at a payroll place called Employee Solutions. At that time I was not the best worker, and my experience was extremely similar to the movie "Office Space" in my attitude of not doing much but looking like I did.

For example, one of my best friends and I would go into the supply closet to get paper...instead we were looking out of the supply room's window making up dialogue of the people walking in and out of the adjacent barbershop.

Fridays were days that I was extremely busy with filing...really it was a day devoted to tearing perferation off of documents while goofing around with said friend, and that was it. As for the filing part, at the end of the day I'd grab a folder and slam all of them in there and stick them in a drawer where they would fit. Tah-dah!

The kicker was that I put in my two weeks because my school schedule conflicted. About a week after my notice, I realized that it could work out afterall, and went into the manager's office to ask if I could take back my two weeks notice. She was my distant cousin and she still said no. hahahahaha! I guess she caught on. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...