Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Artist's Way- End of Week Three- Synchronicity

Julia, Julia, Julia!  The questions you posed this week in the tasks were unexpectedly tough! 

The list 5s are stumpers!- list 5 people you admire, now list 5 people you secretly admire, then list 5 people who you wish to meet but are dead, and list 5 people who are already dead who you would spend part of your eternity with...all of these of course followed by answering why and/or what traits that make them be a part of the list. 

At first glance, it looked so easy to do these, but to tell you the truth I'm still working on my five people that I secretly admire.  Limiting choices down to only five is crazy when you think about these questions in terms of  everyone who is alive or has ever lived on this planet.  I became so extremely picky about my choices, but it was fun at the same time- that puzzle part of my brain was definitely activated for this.  Even if you aren't doing The Artist's Way, I completely dare you to do this some time- I'm wondering if you will find it as difficult as I did!


Morning Pages

I'm not minding them as much now.  It is not requiring me any discipline to get through them this week as much as it did during the first two weeks.  Instead...dare I say it?...it's actually been a pleasure to do them.  It just feels like it helps me organize my thoughts and gain some momentum going into my day.  If anyone else has been doing morning pages, or writing in the morning, I'd love to hear how you feel about it.  I'm currently wondering how often people stick with writing three pages as soon as they awake way past the length of this twelve-week venture.  I wonder if I'll be sick of them by the end of this.


Synchronicity

I did notice a few instances of synchronicity this week, but I'm never that far away from it- it's a very big part of my faith (which in all honesty I don't talk about that much, but am seriously noticing just how much I have been recently...so in short I look like a liar when I say that I don't. ha!LOL).  I believe that we get exactly what we need at the proper proportion at the perfect time.  There are no coincidences.  People, places, and experiences all play an intricate role in our lives that constantly help us to progress on our journey- God/Allah/The Higher Power/Universal Energy sends messages to us through some pretty creative avenues.  My favorite experiences of this have been through a mysterious computer message while I was at work printing out payroll, and several instances of the radio.  We need to keep our eyes open for the answers and inspirations that we are seeking, which goes along with this fabulous clip of Grace Coddington from "The September Issue" movie that I watched last night- How's that for some synchronicity?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo1vnibK3vA

If you have not watched this movie before, I highly suggest it to anyone interested in seeing behind the scenes of magazine publishing, fashion or Vogue to be exact.  Samm and I have fallen in love with Grace Coddington after seeing this documentary.  She is brilliant, and her work is a feast for the eyes that I want to overindulge in...just like ice cream with Birthday cake!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...