Saturday, November 26, 2011

Not So Blank Any More - Revise, Revise, Revise...

When I first created this blog, the name "Blank Canvas" fit well.  It was a fresh, new blog on a fresh new computer with internet capabilities.  I was beginning to make the commitment of creating art on a regular basis and sending submissions to exhibition opportunities.
Lately, I've felt that this title does not apply anymore.  After two years of gaining in studio practice, and direction after all that college entailed, I feel that the name of this blog discredits progress.  To go forward working under the same title would be misleading and depleting.
I've been thinking that perhaps the title "Emerging Surface" or something about emerge or surface would be a good idea, since I have dedicated myself to working in a particular manner for a full year that deals a lot with the surface of paper, texture, and the images that emerge.


Or maybe I'll just use my name...not too sure at this point, but for now it works. If you have any ideas, I'm open for any suggestions!


I do have information to pass onto you!  One of my fellow artists/college friends sent me links to two of his websites found on www.mosaicglobe.com and www.wix.com .  The sites he did looked amazing!  Not to mention, they were FREE!  At least they are free up to a point - if you want to upgrade, then it costs money, but a lot of online needs can be met with the free hosting service.  I'm completely psyched about this, as I hope some you are too!  Here's also a look at my friend's blog on wix -  enjoy!
http://www.wix.com/avisapien/rah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...