Friday, November 18, 2011

Take a Walk in Portland

Today I had a meeting in NW Portland and decided to take my camera along.  There are so many times when Matthew and I are down there and wish we would have brought our cameras to capture what our eyes love so much about this city.  Today I didn't miss out on the opportunity.

The walk started out innocently enough, but then I began to think of it as collecting textures.  The brick, the moss, the rust, the old buildings as remnants of the not so distant past still persevering against the shiney new giants beside them...I quickly realized that I will probably use these as reference points for future works and to strengthen the aesthetics of what I am currently doing.

The weather was chilly...I rushed out the door this morning without putting on the sweater over my long-sleeved tee, but it didn't matter.  I was so enthralled with the city, I hardly noticed.  It was a day well spent in Portland.  I love this city.  Here are some of the photos of the day - just click on them to get a bigger scale and more detail - enjoy!



























Enjoy your day!  Love to all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...