Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Looking Ahead

There is a gallery show coming up in Ohio that is all about Money- “The Good, The Bad, The Money”. I found it on www.artshow.com (what a great site!). Anyway, I couldn’t be more excited about the theme! I am going to gather my packet to send for the show this week. This will mark only the second time in my life that I have sent away to submit my work to a show. The last time was back in college and I submitted a couple of prints due to the nudge of one of my mentors. I was happy to submit my work, but unfortunately, it did not get into the show. REJECTED stamped all across the letter. At the time, I was just happy to have submitted my work. The rejection letter was smiled at, joked about, and thrown out without any big negative impact on me.

Hopefully this time will be different! I have optimism! I feel ready for this now, and it’s just what I have been wanting to do. I need to take chances, and it’s time to jump in. The deadline is in about 10 days. Cheers to revisions, good paper, burning the two images to a CD/DVD, and confusion along the way! Cheers to it all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...