Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Hint!

Detail of my painting in progress:
The Dalai Lama wearing a Small Pink Cowboy Hat



This is a small portion of the painting I've been working on for the last couple of months.  It's still in "under construction" but I'm planning to have it done in the next few days.

I'm really excited about unveiling this one because it's a lot different from the "Huddleston Series" in that it is not such a serious and sobering image (some of that series can be seen in earlier blog entries and on www.krystalbooth.com).  Working through all of those paintings was an exercise of emotion and contemplation.  They became emotionally taxing to work on and I needed a release of laughter.  This current painting is that release.

Cheers to fulfilling the need to laugh, and balancing the heavy with the light-hearted.  Have a good weekend, friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...