Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Changing Landscape of Things

This is the current landscape as it sits upon the easel today.  It is still in progress and patiently waiting for me as I write this.  My first intention was to get it done a couple of days ago - instead, my progress has been slow while imposing shapes upon the surfaces of the forms and messing with the color relationships.


To my absolute surprise, I've been painting landscapes lately and really enjoying it.  They have captured my imagination.This is another one that has been in the works -   


I've always had a bit of a yawn when it came to landscapes in the past.  I don't know what it is, but they can bore me to no end....however, my opinion is changing.


I would like to blame or thank the Pacific Northwest for this unexpected change of attitude.  There is not a day when I am not in awe of the natural phenomena here taking the form of moss covered branches, mountain peaks that seem suspended from the sky, and the smell of pine needles blanketing the walking paths.  Even if garter snakes are sunning themselves in the said paths and I have to find a way to stomp louder while suffocating Matthew's arm in my grip, I am thankful that I can finally see why nature is the master of art.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...