Thursday, March 8, 2012

Work and Balance - Finding Satisfaction

Tomorrow.


Tomorrow I will be painting without having to go to my part-time job, and I've been looking forward to it all week!  Don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoy and am thankful for my part-time job.  The people have been great, I've been learning a lot so my brain has been happy, and I have yet another reason to change out of my yoga/sweatpants.  That's all very good and well.


However...


I love the days when I can paint as long as I want without having to look at the clock, and absolutely surrendering to the now.  What a gift!


When I was unemployed, I couldn't quite enjoy creating as much as one would imagine.  Instead, I was constantly stressed, somewhat depressed, and existing with a touch of anxiety at all times no matter what I was doing.  Today, I'm grateful for what I have gained due to finding work again.  Yes, I am losing time to create, but it's making the time that I am able to create so much better and more productive.  Someday, I hope that I can make art my full time occupation that pays the bills, but the meantime isn't so bad.  I am happy to say that for now, I am satisfied in a stable, balanced manner, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time.


The last few years have been a stuggle for so many of us.  I hope that you are finding out what you need and recieving the change to recieve it.  Love to all of you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...