Thursday, January 24, 2013

Work Session #2054 or so...

The smell of afternoon coffee brewing and work is about to get underway.  Today will be about transferring the image onto the canvas.  It's not exactly the most exciting part of the process, but it can be fun as long as I have some good tunes going.  This painting has been a long time coming, but I had to work out the kinks in the composition for quite awhile and then get materials.  I'm excited to finally be putting it on the canvas.  It's of my coworkers and for my coworkers at my part-time job.  The four of us have formed this little fun family and it's on days like today that I really am aware of how awesome they are.  Not to mention that they're fun people to be around.  I'm really looking forward to making this for them.

The canvas is 18x24" - it seems to be my favorite size to work with lately.  It's big enough to get some good details and brushwork, and small enough to still seem manageable by being able to see the entire composition without having to step back too much.

There is also a nature drawing that I'd like to possibly finish tonight.  It's a small work - 8x10" or so - on paper.  It's been waiting on me for a few weeks now...maybe close to a few months!  It's amazing how fast the time can go by, but now that this one hundred works challenge has begun, time will be seized anyway it can.

The coffee is ready now - no more sounds of steam or the stream of coffee filling the carafe.  Time to pour a cup and be off to start today's session with a cat sleeping nearby.

I hope that you enjoy a productive day as well - love to all of you!


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...