Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ode to Resumes and Coverletters

I have spent the evening working on a new resume and a coverletter for a specific job that I would die for at Laika, Inc. I don't exactly have the traditional experience that they are used to seeing, but the experience it there...just in a not-so-conventional way.

For instance, all of those years that I mixed paint at Menards gave the ability to match hues amazingly well. In a wierdly excellent way. My managers and the games we used to play are to blame- Felicia and Kari used to have me change pink into blue, or mauve into taupe without using the color matching computers. It was fun! I loved it! Though I didn't know at the time that it would have any value outside of the Paint Department. But Now...

One of the qualifications of the position I am applying for is that one needs to be able to match colors well, and have extensive knowledge of paint techniques and textures.

So, I want to thank you Menards! I never thought I would truly benefit through the job skills themselves- it was enough for me that you gave me a weekly paycheck through college and allowed me to meet some fabulous people and make great friends! And my cup runneth over! hahaha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...