Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Opportunity Knocks

Okay, okay, so it's been awhile since I posted. In fairness, a lot has gone on. I lost my teaching position due to a reduction in workforce, and my fiance and I finally decided to go for it by moving to Portland, Oregon. This was huge! We have been daydreaming about Oregon for over three years, and it seemed as though this was the moment when opportunity was pounding on our door enough to make our paintings tumble off of the wall.
After five days of sitting in a car without airconditioning loaded down to the tires, we are at our new apartment in Portland. This city is phenomenal. As I look for employment, I will be free to take in the surroundings. The aboundant amount of trees stretching and swaying in the breeze, the mountains that cradle the city buildings, the traffic that stops for pedestrians and does not even expect a thank you. I will be so happy once my art supplies arrive, because I truly feel inspired by the energy and the comfort of my surroundings.
Here's an update: I will finally be recieving my paintings back that I had submitted to the "The Good, The Bad, The Money" show. As lucky as I am, they of course arrived at my doorstep in Fort Wayne two days after we had left. Thankfully, UPS is forwarding them to my current address without any additional fees. It will be good to see them again. It's funny how paintings can feel like old friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...