Saturday, August 7, 2010

Amazing Book for All Artists!



I was looking for a book that would motivate and help me gain some consistency in my creative work. I definitely found that and more when I picked up this book! Eric Maisel's "Coaching the Artist Within" (2005) gives brilliant advice and guidance to artists of all types. It is motivating without the fluffy-feel-good kind of stuff that fades as soon as you put down the book. His words have staying power that resonate. It is not a book to passively read. It is an interaction with writing prompts to help artists realize their potential, develop discipline, and grow in their dedication and understanding of their creative work. It has caused me to push myself further than I would have- had I not read this book. I finished reading this a week ago, and I'm happy to say that I have finished three new paintings from start to finish over the past two and a half weeks. Maisel really caused me to wake up and get going! I highly recommend this read to all artists, and especially to those who are just beginning their creative professions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...