Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sleepless & Staring at a Ghost

I find myself unable to sleep and obsessing over my current painting. Just staring at it as I lay in bed. I worked on her face today quite a bit, and will be posting pictures soon. I can't help but be a bit disappointed when I look at her pale face in the dim lighting in our bedroom. There are so many colors that I layed down to show the curves and shadows upon her face and yet, in the artificial lighting she looks as pale as a ghost. I stepped back from my work quite a bit today, but I guess I need to take a better look at it tomorrow during the day. I realize that the proper lighting is everything, however it looks as if the contours of her face are just flat white right now...it is kind of funny though...work with nothing to show for it, no physical proof.

My new profession: a ghost painter. I paint and paint all day, and nothing changes. Ha! Better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...