Monday, August 9, 2010

New feature! Monday Madness!

I just read how blogs can be attractive to viewers by getting a bit sidetracked with what things remind you of...and with only 9 wonderful followers of this blog at this point, I have a lot to learn. (To my followers an obvious big thank you is headed in your direction!!!) So I have decided that every Monday I will be... wait for it...wait for it...


MONDAY MADNESS!!!

I will look at what's going on around me- objects, events, everyday stuff- and tell you something that it reminds me of. Maybe it will be a story of the ages, maybe it will be an embarrassing moment, maybe it will be a Captain-Insane-O situation. The possibilities are endless, and you, by dear readers, will be astounded with your overwhelming sense of anticipation of what will be next!

In fact, this reminds me of the anticipation I feel for my grandmother's Butterscotch Pie at family functions- this luxurious cream pie is a family favorite and sure to please at your next get together whether it be gamers convention, a car expo, or a retirement home.

Grandma Kain's Butterscotch Pie Recipe

1 stick of melted butter
1 c. Brown sugar
1/3 c. flour or 3 T cornstarch
1 can Milnot and add milk until you have 2cups total of milnot/milk mixture
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
2 capfulls of vanilla

Use a cast iron skillet if possible- have no idea why, but my family says it's better when you do this. Anyway, melt butter in the skillet over medium heat and add in brown sugar. Allow the sugar to melt a bit while mixing it around. Then add the flour. Cook this and stir like crazy (if you don't it will taste like crap). Add in the milnot/milk mixture gradually while stirring- definitely do not want it lumpy. Add in yolks, salt, vanilla and cook until thick and smooth. You can put this pudding in an already done pie crust, top it with meringue, or just grab a spoon and go for the diabetic coma. Good Times, good times. (And I wonder how I've always been at least slightly overweight all of my life...hmmmm....)

And there you have it! Let the MONDAY MADNESS begin!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...