Monday, August 16, 2010

MONDAY MADNESS!!!

Tonight I was involved in a facebook drama that was unnecessary and ridiculous. Drama on facebook- is it a surprise? Anyway, typed communication seems to really be a thorn in my side sometimes. People read things the wrong way. I don't understand how friends read text and suddenly assume the worst. This has happened twice in the past two weeks to me. Is it the heat that is making people read things so grouchily? Or is it the fact that I assume people know me and my personality better than they really do? Maybe it's a combo deal? Anyway, this whole typing topic brings me to


MONDAY MADNESS!

Today I will tell you a story concerning typing- I know, it doesn't really sound that entertaining, but it is one of my top 10 embarrassing moments.

I was taking a computer typing class in high school. The teacher was an extreme type A personality and everything that we did had to be exact or else an insane amount of points were taken off. I was intimidated by this, and it set the stage for the first assignment we were given. The teacher told us to type out this paper about Julia Roberts in the exact format as what was on the paper before us. Perfection was necessary, or you would need to start all over again. How easy is that? So I took my time and was proud of my work when I handed it in at his desk. I was confident that everything was correct. A few minutes later I hear the teacher demand furiously, "Who turned in a paper with 'Mr. Malone' on it? Who wrote my name instead of their own?" The class roared with laughter, with a few saying, "What an idiot!" as Mr. Malone stared out of his heavy brows into the sea of laughing faces.

i did. I raised my hand. I was so red that I was sweating. Huge smile. Nervous giggles... one of the best worst first impressions I ever made I think. Still makes me laugh out loud though, so perhaps it was worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...