Monday, August 9, 2010

Intimidated? It's just a panel!

So yesterday I began working on my fourth painting in my current series and it was like trying to get a child with severe ADHD to sit down for more than 5 minutes without anything to do. Seriously. I was wandering the apartment, and then wonder how I got there. I was avoiding the current panel. It was intimidating me. The dimensions are bigger than the other ones I have completed, and the composition is going to possibly be a bit of a challenge to pull off...but I'm definitely going to try! There are three bars that vertically split up the figure, but I absolutely adore the idea of trying it...if only I could get myself to sit still long enough without getting intimidated.

My trick lately to getting myself to sit down long enough to experience flow has been to listen to laid back music I can ignore for the most part- Elton John, Aimee Mann, Fiona Apple, Billy Joel, and OK Computer. Yesterday it was the radio...obviously I need to switch back to listening to CDs...I know that I will be made fun of for this list of music artists because well, they have absolutely nothing in common with eachother as a group, and yeah, some of it isn't exactly the "cool" thing to listen to, but there you have it. My lame music works for me. Hopefully Elton, Aimee, Fiona, Billy, and Thom can come through for me today- I can't let that thin board with gesso intimidate me!!!

2 comments:

JRider said...

I remember my favorite professor telling me "it's just a piece of paper, worth about 5 cents."

Krystal Booth said...

That's a great one - I'll definitely keep that in mind AND use in the future when I teach again. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...