Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jealousy is Divine!

Week Seven of The Artist's Way:  Recovering a sense of connection

I thought an interesting point Julia Cameron made this week was about jealousy being a good thing.  Often we think of jealousy being a pointless and detrimental energy drain, but actually it can be helpful.  It lets us know what we would like in our lives and sometimes how to do it.  She presented the idea of creating a jealousy map in order to learn from this awful emotion in a constructive way.  Here is an example of a jealousy map:

Who              Why                               Action
Tony             He writes amazing stories  Try writing some stories
Ruth              She has an art studio        Create your own space in your home
Margaret       She is bald & beautiful    Shave your head and wear lots of makeup

LOL- you get the point.  It can be used as a guide as what you want to come into your life that you possibly have not realized before.  I know that through doing this exercise, I was forced to admit some jealousies and pinpoint why.  It was a great learning tool for me.  Try it out!  It may even be a good laugh when you realize the stupidity of some jealousies and will make them less powerful.  Very interesting exercise.

There was of course more than this in chapter seven, but I found that this was the thing that really peaked my interest about this week.  I really did learn from it, and in a weird way it was a blast to create a jealousy list...of course my real list is for my eyes only.

The following link is a funny mash-up of two black and white films with the theme of jealousy that I found on the internet.  I did not make this, and it is not for the easily offended as it makes fun of a serious issue.

It takes an unexpected twist, and I love it! 



http://www.viddler.com/explore/wideeyevideo/videos/20/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...