Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Creating Your Life


Time for creating.  Time for exercising.  Time for bathing.  Time for eating.  Time for fun.  Time for loved ones.  Time for looking for opportunities.  Time for catching up.  Time for RESOLUTIONS.

...and while writing this I just think I felt a little earthquake...a 3 second tremor.  Maybe the Creator's way of pointing out how this Earth continues to change and shift, and we need to do the same.

It's the week between Christmas and New Year's, my favorite week of the year, and it's filled with reflection and new plans for the upcoming year.  It's filled with assessment and hope.  Creating grand plans for a metamorphosis. 

In order to do this, I need a strategy of time- the ultimate schedule that will help me accomplish these new goals...without a strategy, I will look similar to the picture above.  I'm trying desperately to get organized and create a schedule that truly reflects the way I want to live.  This is not an easy task for me, because I am quite moody about time- I resist wearing a watch because I hate to see the minutes of my life flying away without meaning.  Yet, maybe I need to be reminded about time in order to get to where I want to be.  I definitely have plenty to accomplish this year.  My resolutions have yet to be nailed down, but here's a sample of what I'm looking at for 2011, which may be similar to yours:

1. Spend at least 30 hours in the studio creating (writing, painting, drawing) per week (on top of work week of job which I will find!).
2. Lose 25 pounds...not exactly pleased to see this burden return to my life...have gained some weight recently that I'm not proud of.  Need to think health, health, health!
3. Approach galleries in formal manner of appointments- I have never done this, and this is the year!
4. Show my work as often as possible!  Apply to more shows than I did in 2010, which was a great start!
5. Improve the quality of all of my relationships by being in the moment, remembering birthdays, and connecting more often through writing letters, or phone calls (not just quick emails and facebooking).
6. Put myself in more uncomfortable situations to get over fears, and get out of my comfort zone of living. "The Amazing Race" would definitely help me in this manner (would be a major catalyst for this goal), so Samm and I will definitely apply this year!  Whether or not we get a spot on the show, I know that I could accomplish this goal on a local scale as well...the show would just be a fast forward on accomplishing this.

I have put most of these on a Vision Board- it's still in the works-  I'll post a picture of it when I'm done.

The truth is I hope that 2011 will completely be the most meaningful year of all of our lives!  Cheers to filling it with laughter, love, hope, renewal, and living life in a way that reflects who we are and not what others want us to be!  Happy Holidays, and Happy 2011!  What are you planning?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...