Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Good Night's Rest

Two days ago I was assessing one of the series I had plans of making and decided that it was no longer a fabulous idea....it was the series of self-portraits I was going to do dealing with facebook and advertising.  The idea died.  What was once brilliant in my head turned into a path that was no longer fascinating to me.  It suddenly felt like the wrong direction.

So I was hit with the puzzlement of what to do next.  I knew that I had the drawing series to work on in the meantime, but I had primed and prepped collaged boards waiting for my attention. 

By the time I woke up yesterday morning, after a good night's rest, a solution was found!  I had a major breakthrough with a brainstorming session and ended up with two pages of possible paintings that I would include in the series. 

I am constantly amazed how much a good night's sleep or a hot bath will suddenly bless us with solutions time and time again.  It's in periods of when we quiet our minds that we can recieve these blessings from above.  Our questions get answered, solutions are planted in our heads, and we can move forward with our paths.  It's nothing short of a miracle and such a relief to know that a death of one thing is a birth of another- afterall, the energy has to go somewhere (Thank you, Mr. Einstein for bringing it to our attention that energy cannot be created or destroyed).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...