Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Temporary and the Eternal - A New Work

For now it's untitled...

 
Movement of flesh, metal, the temporary and the eternal...
 
Oil on paper, 24x18"
Krystal Booth, 2013
 
The first of the big idea...hoping it maintains my attention and I can dig deeper to what it is I'm getting at -
 
This was definitely influenced by the music I've been listening to lately - old Smashing Pumpkins, Fiona Apple, and Radiohead (as always).  My hope is that it speaks to you in a way that I haven't yet communicated.  Attempting to find my visual language for the messages...
 

8 comments:

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

Hey, I like this! This does speak to me-

I get the feeling I am on public transportation. And I am leaning over to rub some gum off the bottom of my shoe with a Burger King Napkin and I notice the lady in front of me, that has been watching me, has tinkled herself and is giggling aloud- "the anchovies are coming, did you bring a hat?"

Krystal Booth said...

That is precisely what I intended! See? I knew someday someone would get it! Who knew that I was such a divine painter that you even got the Burger King napkin detail right? Shooooot!

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

With that said...it is a wonderful bit of imagery. Really.

Krystal Booth said...

Thank you very much, Kevin. I appreciate that more than you know!

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

I think we just shared a moment. Do you have cooties by the way?

Krystal Booth said...

No, I believe the vaccinations really did the job on the playground, so I think we're safe. Even if you have them, it's okay.

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

I am a celebrated slobberer.

Krystal Booth said...

Slobberer to the point of drool, or just slobber...debating on if I'll need to have a rag or just a couple of tissues. And seriously, haven't you learned how to control such bodily fluids yet? If not, perhaps you need to go on the talkshow circuit. You may make millions like the people who have gold flecks coming out of their eyes, and the people with threads coming out of their skin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...