Monday, May 16, 2011

Bright Side to Doom


Okay, so I was youtube surfing and came across this.  I watched and I have to be honest, it freaked me out.  It was so unexpected.  I was simply trying to watch Oprah tell me about her youtube channel, because I didn't even know she had one.  (But of course she does...she IS Oprah afterall. lol)

So between this, all the people talking about this next weekend, and my old diary entry, it seems I'm not able to escape the concept of the second coming of the Lord.  It is meant to be on my brain today, so here's what I came up with for... MONDAY MADNESS!!!

I tend to try to look at the bright side of things...so here it goes, my optimistic list of if the event happens this coming weekend (I don't honestly believe it will- higher powers do not go by our sense of time, but if you believe that it will happen this weekend and it does, kudos to you for being right.  I was wrong, no big deal)... 

Suppose we get to go:

1.  We do not need to try to get laundry caught up.  Hooray!

2.  No more paying rent and bills...seriously.

3.  No more worrying about my car having broken tie rods. (This happened to me once before and has scarred by sense of safety when driving ever since).

4.  The obvious one of meeting our maker face to face...or should that be "spirit to spirit"....

5.  Reuniting with loved ones, another obvious one, but worth mentioning.

6.  No more feeling like a rat in a cage or a part of a rat race, or any other cliches having to do with rats.


Suppose we are left behind:

1.  Free produce!  Of course this depends upon what time it happens on Saturday in order to take advantage of the Saturday Market stands. 

2.  Great laughs with friends about how foolish we have been!  hahaha!  "So hilarious that we are ALL left here!  I mean what are the odds?! hahhahaha!"

3.  There will be more openings for employment.  I dont' need any explanation for this one.  It's tough finding a job right now.

4.  Lines will be shorter for all you roller coaster fanatics and bank lines will be so much faster too.

5.  Really intense and exciting Bible Study Groups.  I mean, can you imagine?  There will be some really good stuff at those meetings!  We'll find out all the latest gossip and secrets while people repent- goodbye Maury Povich and Jerry Springer shows!  They will dull by comparison of the freakish stuff that we will know about our neighbors!

6.  Serious illnesses like cancer and Aids will no longer be taken so seriously, because we already know that we will be gone or tortured soon anyway.  If I was suddenly noticing a case of skin cancer on my leg or something, it would really be no big deal.  I can imagine laying on the beach thinking "So what - I have skin cancer.  What I need is another margarita!"




So, there you have it!  My lists of looking at the bright side.  My list for staying behind is pretty fun...it doesn't seem like it would be THAT bad to be left behind the first go around, aye?  Just kidding, I would be super devistated, but at least we'll have this list and several more things to comfort us while we get our shit together, right?

I hope this made you laugh and cheers to Monday Madness!  If you have any more funny ideas for the bright side of this- PLEASE post!  I want to funny stuff you can think of!  Probably will blow my list to bits!

Love to All,
Krystal 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...